Saturday, August 13, 2011

Low leather step-in shoe with an upper resembling a moccasin but with a broad, flat heel

loafer [ˈləʊfə]
n
1. a person who avoids work; idler
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a moccasin-like shoe for casual wear
[perhaps from German Landläufer vagabond]
DRIES VAN NOTEN
When I used to think of loafers I'd think of chunky brown shoes, something my father probably wore when he was 8, with his checked top and over sized glasses.
Of course, old fashion always resurfaces, and all of the above is still currently relevant in the fashion world, as vintage is never frowned upon. 
But now, loafers have been reinvented, and are no longer loafers. They are uber-sexy-wooden-heeled-loafers-that-are-totes-in-this-fall! 
I'm really excited to get a pair for fall, which is my favorite fashion season by far (not too cold so no need to hide&bundle up but not too hot so a jacket and scarf/layering is appropriate) and rock them loafers.

xx-THEFASHIONSHRIMP

No comments:

Post a Comment